Service Desk Analyst Cover Letter
A Service Desk Analyst is responsible for customer support, offering both service and technical support to in-house staff and external clients. It is the job of the Service Desk Analyst to analyze and resolve problems, be they installation, maintenance or implementation issues of software and hardware technologies. This support is provided through remote communication or telephonically to the client. Duties can include providing end user training and education, installing new and updated hardware and software versions and troubleshooting issues.
Job listings for Service Desk Analysts reveal common sought-after skills and knowledge requirements such as:
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional understanding of Windows-Dos, Microsoft applications
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Technical training
- Superior customer service skills
- Willingness to cover outside of normal business working hours if required
- Motivation and drive to meet set target objectives
- Organizational skills
Use the sample Service Desk Analyst cover letter below as a guide as you craft your own cover letter.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Service Desk Analyst Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Ridley
I would like to put forward my application as a candidate for the Service Desk Analyst position at Digi Pro Tech. I am a highly experienced Service Desk Analyst with five years’ work experience in this role, two years at Channel Eleven and the last three at Burnham Digital Solutions. I have received intensive on-the-job training and have excellent interpersonal skills, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills. I have had to rely on my analytical and critical thinking skills to perform my duties effectively.
I have multiple certifications including A+ and HDI, and I keep updated on new developments in the industry. In my role as Service Desk Analyst I had to carry out numerous responsibilities: Configure network access accounts, install and upgrade hardware and software as and when required, providing training to end users, escalating unresolved issues and provided telephonic and online assistance.
I am proud of the following highlights I’ve achieved thus far in my career:
- Developed more than 150 knowledge base solutions including operating procedures for customer specific troubleshooting.
- Trained 25 new employees on customer service responsibilities such as responding to request for assistance calls appropriately, effectively and in keeping with company standards.
- Attained 80% high first call resolution on a monthly cycle and achieved a 95% customer satisfaction rate on my troubleshooting abilities.
- Provided technical support telephonically and online for first call resolution of 55+ reported assistance requests every week.
My goal in performing all my duties is to provide the ultimate in customer service excellence. I ensure that I resolve all issues quickly and efficiently to ensure in-house employees and clients can get back to using their computers and IT equipment with as little downtime as possible. I hope you find enough interest in my resume to call me in for an interview soon. Thank you for your time.