Server Cover Letter
Servers are employed by restaurants to ensure a pleasant dining experience to clients. This role doesn’t require formal education and on-the-job training is usually provided. Specific responsibilities of a Server include: ensuring customer service, taking orders, answering patron questions, delivering food, making recommendations, presenting the day’s offerings, processing payments, cleaning tables, and inviting patrons to return.
A sample cover letter for Server should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Serving skills
- Dexterity and coordination
- Stamina and the ability to work in a standing position for long hours
- Customer service orientation
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Good numeracy skills
An example cover letter for Server showcasing similar skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Server Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Lugozzi:
Upon review of your posting for a Server at Mambo Italiano, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic professional with 5+ years of waitressing experience and a complementary background in various customer service roles, I have much to offer your restaurant in this position.
From taking customer orders and providing menu recommendations to bussing tables and ensuring timely food and drink delivery, my experience has prepared me to excel as your new server. For the past five years I have provided excellent customer service as a waitress at Wrigley’s Diner, providing food and beverage services to guests in a high-volume and fast-paced environment for breakfast, lunch, and dinner services. My additional strengths in communication, organization, and team leadership position me to thrive in this customer-oriented position at Mambo Italiano.
Highlights of my background include:
- Earning continual recognition from Wrigley’s restaurant manager for outstanding customer service; receiving Employee of the Month awards in 2014 and 2015.
- Working collaboratively with peers and management to ensure top-notch levels of customer satisfaction and encourage repeat and referral business; building and maintaining friendly and engaging relationships with long-standing regular customers.
- Assisting in the coordination and presentation of special banquets, catering requests, and other events for up to 300 guests.
- Excelling in previous customer-facing roles with The Gap, CVS, and Target.
With my excellent serving experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to ensuring optimal customer experiences, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Denise H. Walton