Seo Manager Cover Letter
SEO managers oversee search engine optimization and online marketing efforts for companies. Their overall focus is on attracting web traffic and boosting rankings in the most utilized search engines. Typical responsibilities performed in this position include creating keyword and content strategies, building links, and integrating social media channels to maximize SEO. Excellent leadership, analytical, and technical proficiencies are highly valuable to success in this role, as are superior communication and relationship management abilities.
Cover letters for SEO managers often mention the following:
- Online content strategy and programming
- Keyword development
- Website analytics
- Organic and paid search
- Website development, management, and updating
- Web traffic management and growth
- ROI analysis
- Contract negotiation
- SEO best practices
- Team building and leadership
- Partnership and alliance building
- User training
- Project life cycle management
- Social media platforms
Below please find a cover letter for an SEO manager noting relevant abilities, qualifications, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Smith:
When I learned of your need for a new SEO manager to come on board at River’s Edge Design, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With 12 years of successful experience developing compelling and targeted online content and programming to maximize search engine optimization – as well as my expertise in coaching and managing top-performing staff – I am confident that I could significantly contribute to your company’s success.
From creating content strategies and driving website traffic to improving online presence and implementing social media strategies, my background has consistently been characterized by my unparalleled dedication to building productive and engaging websites that attract traffic and increase search engine rankings. My proven ability to analyze usage data and patterns and create strategic content accordingly, along with my communication and team leadership capabilities, position me to excel in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Developing targeted, on-brand, and SEO-rich content and programming, creating and continually updating websites for startup companies, Fortune 500 retailers, and nonprofit organizations; implementing and managing SEO practices for ~530 websites with organic and paid search
- Skillfully oversaw Google AdWords campaigns, slashing bounce rate from 34% to 6%, lowering CPC by as much as 43%, and increasing CTR
- Designing user forums, live auctions, e-commerce stores, and online shows to drive site traffic and enhance user participation and membership
- Tracking and reporting on SEO and SEM data while concurrently collaborating with product managers to ensure consistent branding and messaging
- Presenting SEO best practices training programs to marketing, online marketing, PR, product management, UX, and web development teams
- Building solid relationships with partners to encourage content integration and optimize user experiences
With my record of accomplishments in SEO management, coupled with my eye for design and my tireless dedication to achieving success, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
David J. Cook