Senior Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Senior Graphic Designers are experienced advertising and marketing professionals responsible for making design decisions. They are involved in the creation of various materials, such as books, advertisements, magazines, websites, computer games, and so on. Typical job duties of a Senior Graphic Designer include coordinating junior designers, following client briefs, discussing job requirements, producing original ideas, using computer-aided design software, and commissioning photographers and illustrators.
Those looking to develop a career as Senior Graphic Designers should showcase in their cover letters the following qualifications:
- Creativity and artistic talent
- Drawing skills
- Innovation and being able to think out of the box
- Deadline orientation and time management
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Computer proficiency
- Being able to handle constructive criticism
An example cover letter for Senior Graphic Designer displaying similar skills and experience is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Senior Graphic Designer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Callaway:
Conceptual innovation, a robust work ethic, and productive team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. As a skilled senior graphic designer and art director with more than 14 years of experience developing and executing a wide variety of successful print, multimedia, and e-marketing design projects, I am positioned to make a significant impact as Jitterbug’s next Senior Graphic Designer.
My background includes designing and implementing on-message, effective creative projects and services from concept through completion for a variety of high-profile clients. With expertise in a broad range of design software applications—along with my ability to collaborate effectively with clients, peers, and senior management teams—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Jitterbug.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Leading top-performing design teams through all facets of creative design projects from concept through execution for a sophisticated client roster, including Zippy, SpringSing Systems, Rogue Concept, and Blue Olio.
- Evaluating and applying RFP requirements, translating complex concepts into effective designs, visually reinforcing client message through keen design considerations, and creating a polished package design for deliverable presentation in most recent position as a Senior Graphic Designer for Green Trigger, Inc.
- Significantly increasing the bottom line by presenting creative concepts that surpass clients’ expectations and delivering on-target, cutting-edge design themes to meet client goals.
- Receiving numerous awards and honors for superior talents in graphic design and creative direction.
- Demonstrating proficiency in comprehensive Adobe programs as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; at ease on both Mac and PC platforms.
With my keen ability to direct the evolution and execution of conceptual design projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch design quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding graphic design services and artistic direction to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Frank H. Johnson