Senior Financial Analyst Cover Letter
Senior Financial Analysts monitor indicators such as profitability, liquidity, and solvency, and research financial information to help executives make the best business decisions. Essential responsibilities of a Senior Financial Analyst include: gathering and analyzing financial data, making financial predictions, finding ways to improve financial performance, monitoring financial trends, updating their job knowledge by taking part in educational opportunities, and influencing strategic decisions.
Based on our selection of example cover letters for Senior Financial Analyst, the most-sought after skills for this job are the following:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Strategic thinking
- Computer proficiency
- Good math and statistic skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter demonstrating similar Senior Financial Analyst abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Senior Financial Analyst Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Ensley:
Upon review of your posting for a Senior Financial Analyst, I am submitting my resume for your review. With 11+ years of experience analyzing corporate finances, driving strategic program implementations, and managing special financial projects, I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your company.
From analyzing financial reports and systems and spearheading complex financial programs to developing strategies to effectively and efficiently allocate resources and processes to optimize workflows, my background has prepared me to excel in this capacity with your company. With proven success in managing projects, developing financial metrics, and forecasting budgets, my additional strengths in relationship management and team building / leadership position me to thrive in this challenging role.
The following highlights of my background demonstrate my qualifications for this role:
- Demonstrating first-rate proficiency in financial analysis, project management, program development, change management, and financial report generation.
- Supporting P&L management by tracking and analyzing business operations to accurately budget and forecast data.
- Achieving monthly and quarterly budget goals, +/- 1.3% of target, for four division budgets totalling $36M.
- Generating timely variance and trending analyses—with commentary—for executive management review.
- Developing, mentoring, and leading highly productive and efficient analyst teams to peak performance levels.
- Working cross-functionally with staff across all organizational levels to report on, monitor, and management key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
- Earning an MBA in 2011 and a Bachelor of Science in Finance in 2009 from Miami Atlantic University.
With my experience in financial business analysis, cost-benefit analyses, and financial reporting, coupled with my commitment to achieving accurate and timely results, I believe I can swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Harold T. Erickson