Security Professional Cover Letter
Security professionals are responsible for patrolling and securing the premises for which they work, preventing and reporting any suspicious or illegal activities such as theft, vandalism, property damage, and other disturbances. A keenly observational spirit, the ability to remain aware of and focused on their surroundings, and a high level of physical fitness and stamina are all advantageous to success as a security professional. Strong communication and prioritization skills are also helpful.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Premises monitoring
- Patron safety and security
- Incident logging and reporting
- Incident management
- Report preparation and submittal
- Emergency situation management
- Crisis management
- Property, employee, and patron safety
- Law enforcement
- Safety and compliance
Below you will find a sample cover letter for a security professional noting relevant skills and qualifications.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Miller:
When I learned of Gable Villa Shopping Center’s need for a new security professional, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As a motivated and sharply observational professional with solid experience patrolling and securing retail establishments, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background includes proven success monitoring dangerous and illegal activities occurring on the premises of highly frequented retail centers. From identifying and reporting suspicious activities to preparing and submitting reports, I excel in providing comprehensive support to mitigate incidents and ensure pleasant and safe shopping experiences for customers. Additionally, my ability to succeed in high-pressure environments and emergency situations – along with my excellent interpersonal and communication skills – prepares me to make a significant and positive impact on Gable Villa Shopping Center.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Excelling as a security officer/professional for the past four years at both Riverside Shopping Plaza and Los Feliz Retail Center; patrolling both premises to prevent unauthorized entries, property damage, theft, vandalism, and general disturbances
- Maintaining a strong focus on ensuring the safety of patrons, employees, and property
- Preparing and submitting detailed incident logs and reports to management as well as local law enforcement personnel
- Responding to radio pages promptly and professionally, prioritizing calls based on importance
- Demonstrating a high level of physical fitness along with the ability to stand and walk on patrols for long periods of time
With my background and my past record of success in security enforcement, I am ready to provide outstanding service at Gable Villa Shopping Center. I look forward to discussing the position with you in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Ernest M. Stites