Seamstress Cover Letter
Seamstresses sew, alter and mend clothing and other types of fabric using various tools, techniques and machinery. Some seamstresses offer a basic menu of services and work in factories or for companies that require a standard, repetitive skill set. Seamstresses who are more creative and experienced might own their own business or work for boutiques creating original patterns and clothing designs to attract fashion-conscious clientele. In addition, some seamstresses specialize in beading or detailed embroidery work.
The following qualifications and skills are often found in sample cover letters for Seamstresses:
- Use of all types of sewing tools and machinery
- Detailed knowledge of garment construction
- Measurement and assessment abilities
- Alterations and repair experience
- Pattern modification and creation
- Accent — buttons, lace, trim — selection and application
Beneath is an example of a cover letter that highlights relevant experience and abilities for a Seamstress.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Seamstress Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Tribe:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Seamstress. As a skilled, creative and disciplined expert, with more than two decades of experience creating and altering garments, I believe that I am poised to become an asset to your company.
My professional experience includes serving as the Lead Seamstress for a group of seven to 10 seamstresses while meeting my own productivity goals each day. I have also worked in a variety of environments — factory, boutique, hotel — and gained valuable experience working with people of different cultures and economic status. With my experience and knowledge of the industry, I am in a perfect position to positively impact Sew Perfect Industries.
Below are some highlights of my relevant experience and qualifications:
- Created and altered formal garments, such as wedding dresses, tuxedos and evening gowns
- Upheld daily specific productivity guidelines of three formal garment alterations per hour
- Operated industrial sewing machines, shirring machines and sergers on a weekly basis
- Assisted a wide range of clients choose the best combination of fabrics and patterns in order to create custom-made garments that flattered them
- Maintained a clean, organized and well-stocked work area for seven to 10 seamstresses
- Regularly created client estimates regarding how much garments would cost to create based on time and materials involved
I’m confident that my wide range of experience as a seamstress as well as my ability to successfully interface with a diverse group of clientele would serve your organization well. I am ready to discuss with you how I can benefit your company and would welcome the opportunity to give you additional insight into my qualifications and experience. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dana J. Barrick