Scrum Master Cover Letter
In agile software development, a scrum master is the “coach” of a scrum team, which is the group of developers working on a product. They are responsible for making the scrum team’s job as efficient and organized as possible. Typical work activities include acting as liaison between the product owner and scrum team, listening to scrum team feedback, facilitating meetings, managing project milestones and keeping scrum team members focused and motivated.
Below are the skills and qualifications that are most commonly featured in Scrum Master cover letters.
- CSM from Scrum Alliance
- Expertise in the scrum development framework
- Proficiency in agile software development
- Proficiency in iterative development
- Project management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Leadership skills
Below is a sample Scrum Master cover letter that highlights many of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Scrum Master Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Wong,
I am writing to express my interest in the position of Scrum Master. My five years of experience motivating scrum teams to perform their best work and my comprehensive understanding of agile software development make me a great fit for your organization.
My professional experience includes five years as a Scrum Master for Skye Software Development, during which I’ve built a solid scrum team capable of solving complex software design issues. I’d love to use my leadership abilities to help Schell Software grow and prosper.
Below are some of my key skills and qualifications:
- Earned Certified Scrum Master distinction from the Scrum Alliance
- Motivated team to complete projects ahead of schedule on a regular basis
- Led scrum sprints using the core tenets of the scrum framework
- Developed project scope and milestones using project management software
- Facilitated communication between scrum team and product owner on a regular basis
The chance to motivate others to do their best work is one of the things I love most about being a Scrum Master. If you think my skills and passion for leadership can be an asset to your organization, then I’d be thrilled to set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Cindy P. Perrotta