School Teacher Cover Letter
School Teachers work with students of various ages and help them shape their future careers by teaching curriculum material. Essential job duties of a School Teacher include preparing materials for each lesson, delivering lessons, assigning work, administering tests, grading papers, providing feedback to students, improving their subject knowledge, preparing students for standardized tests, reporting to parents, collaborating with school staff, organizing extracurricular activities, and supporting students with academic difficulties.
Our collection of cover letter samples reveals the following essential job requirements:
- Teaching skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Classroom management
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Respect for diversity
- Organization and planning
- An interest in continuous improvement
Below is provided a cover letter example highlighting similar School Teacher abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive School Teacher Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Dashner:
As a skilled and enthusiastic teacher with experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for elementary students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education position me to significantly impact your establishment as your next School Teacher.
Curriculum development, classroom management, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of the areas in which I excel, leveraging my inherent passion for fostering collaborative educational environments to develop thoughtful and accomplished young students. By teaching classes of up to 25 students across a range of subjects and capacities, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills, and am prepared to put my experience and qualifications to work for your school.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Thriving throughout my nine-year tenure with Wrightwood Elementary School, teaching students in grades 1-3 in the areas of language, science, math, and the arts while earning continual recognition and praise from parents, peers, school administrators, and students for my outstanding teaching abilities as well as my commitment to driving academic and personal growth for all of my students.
- Earning distinction as “Teacher of the Year” in 2014 for my dedication and enthusiasm.
- Developing and implementing customized educational activities, learning materials, and programs to facilitate a collaborative and engaging approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning.
- Building and sustaining strong student relationships, encouraging student queries, comments, and concerns and laying the foundation for a dynamic and exciting classroom environment.
- Holding an MS in Elementary Education as well as permanent Massachusetts Teacher Certification for Pre-K-6.
With experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations as your next School Teacher. I look forward to discussing your school’s needs, and my qualifications, in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael G. Fontes