School Secretary Cover Letter
School Secretaries complete clerical and administrative duties in public or private schools. These professionals with excellent office skills are found across various educational environments and make sure daily operations run smoothly. Examples of School Secretary responsibilities include: taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, writing letters, writing reports, greeting visitors, liaising between staff members, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, and paying invoices.
A cover letter sample for School Secretary should highlight the following qualifications:
- Telephone skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and a methodical approach to work
- Computer competences
- Multitasking and prioritization
- Flexibility and patience
Beneath are provided similar School Secretary assets in a typical cover letter example.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive School Secretary Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Archibald:
Upon learning of your need for an organized and personable School Secretary, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and dedicated administrative professional with experience providing comprehensive office support in academic environments, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your school.
My background consists of more than 8 years’ experience overseeing administrative and operational functions for the principal at Rosedale Middle School. Backed by superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time-management skills and driving optimal efficiency while often going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure seamless functioning and student / teacher satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing scheduling, correspondence, attendance phone coverage, document management, supplies maintenance, and office equipment to achieve top-level office performance.
- Providing overarching administrative support for 350-student middle school; serving in previous administrative support roles in two elementary schools in Austin, Texas.
- Scheduling parent conferences, playground and classroom schedules, early release days, and field trips
- Performing numerous tasks such as field trip coordination, parent conference scheduling, and special school event organization outside the scope of a typical secretarial role.
- Serving as the first point of contact for parents and students, demonstrating superior interpersonal talents.
- Interacting with multiple personalities to streamline functions, improve internal processes, and achieve school success.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of administrative support in school offices, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to Hillcrest Elementary School. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Sally P. Duke