Salon Receptionist Cover Letter
Salon Receptionists are the first point of contact between a beauty parlor and its clients. Essential duties of a Salon Receptionist usually include the following: welcoming customers, promoting salon services, scheduling appointments, taking phone calls, keeping the reception area clean and organized, sending customers to the appropriate beauty expert, answering questions related to salon services, collecting payments, ordering supplies, and managing the cash register.
Successful candidates for a Salon Receptionist job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Customer service skills
- Courtesy and a friendly personality
- Knowledge of salon operation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to details
- Computer competences
- Organization and planning
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
Similar Salon Receptionist job assets can be seen in the sample cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Salon Receptionist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Hernandez:
When I learned of your search for a courteous, enthusiastic, and professional Salon Receptionist to join your team at Regina’s Salon & Spa, I was eager to send you my resume for your review. If you are looking for a personable and organized individual with a commitment to meeting salon goals while providing an exceptional level of customer service, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume detailing my experience.
My background includes seven years of experience providing front desk support while greeting guests, recommending products and services, and responding effectively and professionally to customer inquiries. From scheduling appointments and recommending appropriate stylists based on clients’ goals to processing customer payments and maintaining a clean and welcoming reception area, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers, and ensuring superior guest experiences to maximize repeat business.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing salon appointments and creating an inviting and pleasant atmosphere for 150+ guests while promoting products, treatments, and services as a receptionist for Premiere Salon and Evergreen Salon & Spa in Portland, Oregon.
- Playing a key role in boosting product sales by 22% through product expertise, personalized recommendations, and customer education.
- Providing consistently outstanding guest service, leading to high levels of loyalty and referral business, as well as an uptick in multiple treatment bookings and product/service up-sells.
- Assisting in managing general salon operations and administration, including records management, HR support, and inventory control.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My skills in front desk reception and support for high-end salons position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Josephine T. Leonard