Sales Trainer Cover Letter
Sales trainers educate, coach, and mentor sales professionals to enable them to outperform their goals and enhance their job performances. Typical work activities include developing and conducting training programs, measuring and assessing employee performances, creating training materials and curricula, and implementing key internal improvements to encourage information sharing and best practices. Strong presentation, interpersonal, and organization abilities are valuable for success in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention:
- Sales coaching and training
- Training program development and leadership
- Performance evaluation and management
- Training material development
- Employee coaching and mentoring
- Consultative and solution selling techniques
- Client relationship building and management
- Traditional and digital sales and marketing
- Lead generation and prospecting
- Contract negotiation and closing
- Sales trackers and reports
- New hire onboarding
Please find below an example of a cover letter for a sales trainer including similar types of skills, credentials, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Montelongo:
As a respected and experienced sales professional with proven success in leveraging my skills in systematic sales planning and revenue enhancement to effectively train and develop sales staff to peak performance levels, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your team’s performance as your next sales trainer.
From effectively analyzing team needs to conducting informative and engaging training sessions, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With a solid foundation in consultative business and sales support – as well as an in-depth understanding of diverse sales techniques and client relationship management strategies – my interpersonal, presentation, and motivational capabilities position me to bring immediate and lasting value to your organization.
Highlights of my background include:
- Nine years of excellent experience in sales training roles with established companies such as Pivotal, Axis, and MediaCentric; coaching and training sales team members in areas including lead generation, consultative and solution sales techniques, market opportunity capitalization, traditional and digital marketing strategies, and client service best practices
- Training and onboarding all new sales personnel in week-long hands-on workshops and 90-day field orientations; cut new employee turnover rate by 27% at Pivotal, 31% at Axis, and a stunning 56% at MediaCentric
- Producing and continually updating the first-ever online training manual for Axis for usage by cross-functional sales and marketing team members
- Monitoring employee sales performances following training participation to evaluate program efficacy; creating individual sales trackers and generating detailed reports
- Playing a key role in interviewing and reviewing applicants for inside and outside sales positions with both Axis and MediaCentric
- Possessing top-flight presentation and communication skills while thriving in high-pressure, goal-driven environments
With my enthusiasm and dedication to coaching sales team members to success, my additional qualifications and strengths will readily translate to your environment. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sallie H. Salgado