Sales Professional Cover Letter
Sales Professionals are responsible for achieving sales targets and meeting customer needs. Typical duties of a Sales Professional include: opening and managing client accounts, submitting orders, explaining product features, recommending products, monitoring competitors, solving customer complaints, providing after-sale support, reporting to senior managers, collaborating with sales staff, generating sales reports, and making sure sales objectives are completed so the company stays profitable.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Selling skills and self-motivation
- Customer facing and communication skills
- Confidence and presentation abilities
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer literacy
- Reporting skills
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
Those interested in a Sales Professional career can check relevant job assets in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sales Professional Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. DeWall:
Success in the sales world requires perseverance, a persuasive communication approach, and outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills. As a driven sales and account manager with 12+ years of experience managing customer relationships and accounts to drive revenue and market share growth, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Sales Professional.
My experience in prospecting and securing new clients, outperforming quotas, and nurturing beneficial account relationships positions me to substantially impact your sales team. With my sharp ability to implement forward-thinking sales strategies and tactics, I excel at connecting with key business decision makers to swiftly forge lasting partnerships resulting in sustained revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Consistently achieving corporate sales goals through the development of strategic and successful business initiatives and effective account relationship management; earning “Sales Professional of the Year” at Dividia in 2012 and 2014.
- Surpassing monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue quotas by more than 130%—as the leading revenue generator for the Southwestern region—throughout my tenure as a Sales and Account Manager for Vision Optics.
- Developing and achieving outstanding sales results from major accounts while securing optimal contract terms based on keen needs analysis and negotiation talents.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with internal and external staff and clients to maximize customer service and satisfaction.
My dedication to driving new business development and optimizing account relationships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed corporate goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with articulate presentation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Marilyn H. Keye