Sales Engineer Cover Letter
Sales Engineers offer technical support to sales staff and potential clients. Some of the essential responsibilities assigned to Sales Engineers include updating pricing information, providing instruction manuals, monitoring sales activities, analyzing market trends, and recommending products to clients.
In writing a cover letter for a Sales Engineer position, you will want to highlight to following skills and traits:
- Technical expertise
- Communication skills
- Sales aptitude
- Computer proficiency
- College degree in a relevant engineering field and/or previous sales experience.
The example cover letter below demonstrates how these abilities can be highlighted when applying to a job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sales Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wall:
I am writing to apply for the position of Sales Engineer. As a skilled and highly educated professional with many years of experience supporting sales staff and clients, I am confident of my ability to make a significant contribution to your organization.
My work experience includes liaising with managers and directors of a large company regarding customers, stock and sales. I have over 8 years of experience in the field and have much to offer Mondo Inc.
Some examples of my experience include:
- Provided systems engineering expertise and council to developing engineering department
- Led full redesign of software systems, saving approximately $10K+ per unit and allowing production growth of 300%+ over previous year
- Created fully defined standard operating procedures for future sales approaches.
- Recruited experienced talent to the team to develop skills within the engineering department.
- Attended industry trade shows to generate presence in the market, maintain and develop customer relationship and gain business prospects and insight.
My in-depth experience as the critical technical link between customer and Engineering makes me the perfect candidate for the position of Sales Engineer at Mondo Inc. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.