Sales Development Representative Cover Letter
Sales Development Representatives handle outbound prospecting and lead qualification efforts for organizations to drive business development and boost the bottom line. Rather than closing deals, these professionals provide the initial contact with potential customers, determining their viability and moving them through the sales pipeline as appropriate.
Our compilation of sample cover letters for this position reveals the following skills and areas of expertise to be significant:
- Pipeline development and management
- Outbound lead sourcing and prospecting
- Opportunity qualification and validation
- Relationship building and management
- Sales verticals/social media
- Strategic sales planning/efforts
- Marketing and promotional communications
An example of a successful cover letter for a Sales Development Representative follows, mentioning similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sales Development Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. McClain:
Upon review of your posting for a Sales Development Representative, I was anxious to submit my resume for your consideration. With my skills in sales/account cultivation and business development, I am confident that I would be a valuable addition to your team. As an experienced professional with a strong history of building new customer relationships and increasing revenues, I stand to significantly contribute to your objectives in this capacity.
My experience in prospecting new customers, facilitating B2B/B2C sales deals, and nurturing beneficial account relationships positions me to substantially impact your company. By leveraging expertise and insight to implement forward-thinking and strategic sales development efforts, I excel at connecting with key decision makers and helping to build profitable, lasting partnerships that sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully generating and qualifying prospective leads to increase sales pipeline while earning continual recognition, awards, and bonuses for top performance and customer service excellence.
- Producing 342 leads and 136 closes in sales development position with Blue Fin Enterprises; qualifying more than 400 opportunities leading to valid sales and an estimated revenue of $6M+.
- Leveraging top verticals and social media channels to source and qualify leads; delivering qualified opportunities to account managers and monitoring activity in Salesforce.com.
- Utilizing superior communication, project management, and organizational skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention.
My dedication to identifying, prospecting, and qualifying productive customer leads, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with excellent interpersonal talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your sales team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Bryan T. Mancini