Sales Assistant Cover Letter
Sales Assistants, or Sales Administrative Assistants, collaborate with sales department management in order to provide office support to field representatives.
Your resume and a cover letter are typically forwarded to an employer when you would like for him or her to consider you for a position in which you are interested. You can prove your worth as a viable candidate by remaining friendly yet professional and keeping your cover letter as accurate as possible and free of errors of either a spelling or grammatical nature.
Job descriptions for Sales Assistants contain detailed responsibilities like:
- Processing sales data, sales progress reports and other sales-related records and reports
- Providing administrative and business support to the vice president of the company and members of the executive managing team
- Answering telephone calls, conveying messages, and monitoring the flow of e-mail while assisting management staff
An example cover letter for a Sales Assistant that articulates the skills and experience that are necessary for this position is shown below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Sales Assistant resume samples.
Dear Ms. Carol Garcia:
As a detailed oriented, focused and innovative professional, I offer 10+ years of broad experience supporting sales teams and senior managers as a “right hand” partner to their success.
Combining key strengths in technology, communications, planning and the ability to perform in a fast paced, time sensitive environment, I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my expert skills as a Sales Assistant with your organization.
I am a proactive problem solver with strong business acumen. In the past, I have held roles with a wide range of duties including vendor management, leasing support, financial data reporting, and Sales support.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Designed and implemented the Incentive Recap Project, working in collaboration with divisional sales VPs, GMs, and sales reps to create a more robust sales incentive program.
- Completed several web projects including re-design and organization of web content for Southern Wine’s Washington State web pages.
- Oversaw creation of several process improvements including excel spreadsheets that streamlined reporting.
- Served as Real Estate Broker and Sales Manager for multiple large scale developments.
- Boosted online interest collaborated with sales teams to increase online traffic.
I welcome the opportunity to discuss my experience with you in more detail and included my contact information above for your convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.