Sales Agent Cover Letter
Sales Agents enable companies to reach their revenue goals by selling products and services to qualified prospects. Job duties depend on industry and organization, but usually include: identifying potential customers, discovering their needs, recommending suitable products and services, demonstrating product features, closing sales, placing orders, collecting payments, reporting to managers, answering to client inquiries, and completing other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Those interested in a Sales Agent career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Selling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Stamina and perseverance
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Good listening skills
- A good level of numeracy
- Computer competences
Below is provided a Sales Agent cover letter example demonstrating similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sales Agent Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Phillips:
As a customer-centric and bottom-line-driven professional with more than nine years of experience propelling corporate sales and revenue through new account generation and customer service excellence, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in regards to the Sales Agent position you have available. My expertise in increasing profits and sales positions me to make a significant impact on your company’s success.
My success lies in expanding account bases through lead prospecting, product presentation, negotiation, and after-sales support—all while providing superior customer service and maintaining an exceptionally high level of client retention. I excel at educating both peers and clients on product features and benefits while forging productive and profitable relationships and continually surpassing sales and revenue targets.
Consider a few highlights of my qualifications…
- Leveraging product expertise and finely honed customer service skills to establish high-producing account and drastically boost revenue.
- Conducting effective product-knowledge training for both peers and clients, stimulating a premium customer experience and increased sales performances.
- Creating targeted presentations, modifying and adjusting sales scripts as necessary to better target the needs of specific individuals.
- Scheduling regular, productive sales calls for new and existing clients to provide product updates, pricing and program changes, and general sales guidance.
- Demonstrating continually superior communication, interpersonal, and time management abilities throughout my career.
With my accomplished background of dynamically energizing sales and profit growth, along with my commitment to achieving comprehensive product expertise, I am well prepared to extend my record of success with your company. I look forward to discussing my qualifications for this position further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Richard J. Webb