Safety Manager Cover Letter
Safety Managers make sure employers‘ companies adhere to health and safety regulations. These professionals need to have a good eye for details in order to identify hazards and are required extensive knowledge of safety programs. Typical job duties of a Safety Manager include implementing health and safety programs, assessing potential threats to employee health, teaching staff how to avoid accidents, inspecting equipment and facilities, investigating incidents, and processing worker compensation claims.
Those interested in a Safety Manager career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Industrial hygiene and occupational hazard training
- Analytical thinking
- Detail orientation
- Reporting skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Organization and planning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
A cover letter sample showcasing similar job assets is provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Safety Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Frankel:
As a skilled professional who specializes in overseeing safety / health regulatory compliance and enforcement, I am submitting the enclosed resume for your review in response to your posting for a Safety Manager. My knowledge and expertise positions me to valuably contribute to your organization.
My established ability to effectively direct safety inspections and assessments is complemented by a steadfast commitment to achieving comprehensive employee training and knowledge while minimizing injuries and safety violations. With proven skills in facility audits, investigations, and safety analyses—as well as a deep understanding and knowledge of OSHA regulations—I excel at sustaining accident- and hazard-free environments and training and motivating staff for optimal regulatory compliance.
Highlights from my career accomplishments include:
- Developing, deploying, and overseeing health and safety programs and policies for production and manufacturing plants since 2001, driving strict compliance with federal and state safety regulations.
- Initiating the first company-wide employee engagement safety program as the Safety Manager with Assembly Components; earned a company award for dedication and performance.
- Successfully monitoring and preventing workplace safety incidents through routine and thorough inspections and training programs.
- Improving results on safety audit scores by 59% by focusing on strategic planning, compliance, and risk elimination.
- Leveraging outstanding communication and collaboration skills to successfully maintain the safety of facilities and lead highly motivated and efficient staff.
With my comprehensive experience directing safety and health issues and compliance—along with my finely honed organizational and staff training abilities—I am prepared to extend my record of successful safety management with your company and look forward to discussing my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
John E. Burke