RN Cover Letter
RNs complete nursing processes and assist physicians in order to promote and restore patient health. Some of the duties highlighted on a well-written RN resume are identifying care requirements, monitoring vital signs, providing emotional support, educating patients on their conditions, maintaining a clean working environment, preparing patients for procedures, and completing tasks as assigned by doctors. RNs also foster a strong relationship between health care professionals by communicating effectively and responding to requests.
RN example cover letters often displays the following qualifications and experience:
- Clinical skills and medical teamwork
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Strong communication skills
- Infection control and health promotion
- Decision making and the ability to work under pressure
- Good listening skills
A sample cover letter for RN that showcases some of these skills is visible below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive RN Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Smith:
My 10+ years of experience providing comprehensive nursing services to a variety of patients in diverse medical care environments—coupled with my reputation for a holistic, patient-centric approach—reflects a strong match with Apex Health’s vision and mission. Upon learning of your posting for a Registered Nurse, I hastened to submit my resume for your review.
Through my vast experience, I have amassed expertise in providing pre- and post-op support, monitoring patient progress, and communicating with cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of quality patient care. Tracking patient vitals, maintaining detailed patient and procedure records, and educating patients and caregivers on treatments and recovery options are just a few of many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of patient care. With my background, complemented by my BSN degree, I am seeking a new opportunity and look forward to establishing a lasting commitment to Apex Health. My experience includes the following:
- Thriving in current position as a registered nurse on a post-surgical floor, providing overarching nursing care—including medication administration, patient and family support, and electronic charting—to high-acuity patients with critical needs.
- Providing comprehensive nursing support in a variety of areas including neurology, orthopedics, dermatology, home health, and general medicine and surgery.
- Interacting effectively and efficiently with doctors, therapists, patients, and families to assess needs, identify appropriate treatments, and achieve goals.
- Consistently demonstrating solid commitment to providing quality patient care in alignment with nursing philosophy, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Utilizing warm and friendly demeanor to establish compassionate patient relationships.
- Quickly and skillfully mastering new techniques, technologies, and research tools.
The combination of my dedication to the nursing field and my compassionate, enthusiastic nature continues to define my abilities. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss your needs and how my talents can contribute toward your team’s objectives. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Mary R. Kern