Risk Manager Cover Letter
Risk Managers advise key executives on potential risks and help them make informed business decisions. Typical work activities of a Risk Manager are implementing risks management strategies, assessing risks, determining the level of risk the organization is willing to accept, purchasing insurance, training staff on risk-related issues, ensuring compliance to standards, taking part in audits, and preparing business plans to be applied in case something goes wrong.
A well-written cover letter sample for Risk Manager usually mentions the following skills and abilities:
- Training in business and risk management
- Technical skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Being able to cope with pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of business issues
- Computer proficiency
Below is provided a cover letter example demonstrating similar Risk Manager experience and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Risk Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Hardy:
Upon learning of your search for a seasoned Risk Manager to join your team at Barraby Health Services, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and highly accomplished professional with more than 16 years of experience spearheading risk management and mitigation for reputable healthcare companies, I am prepared to vastly exceed your expectations in this role.
Throughout my career, I have demonstrated continual expertise in performing high-level risk assessments, leading motivated and productive teams, and driving policy development and implementation to minimize liability risk. My demonstrated success in overseeing strategic business planning and implementation, along with my excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Directed all activities pertaining to risk analysis, evaluation, and mitigation for Open Heart Healthcare in Houston, identifying areas for concern and orchestrating corrective actions to minimize liability risk for individual providers, group practices, and healthcare facilities.
- Controlled risk through keen analysis of data derived from aggregate claim reports, individual claim analyses, on-site risk assessments, and additional internal and external sources.
- Suggested and helped to implement appropriate risk management interventions at provider offices, group practices, and facilities.
- Instrumental in developing and introducing new risk management tools, including a practice assessment tool and staff training seminars and modules.
- Led educational presentations to upwards of 150 healthcare professionals—including C-level executives—on current risk management topics relevant to the healthcare industry.
- Hiring, mentoring, training, and supervising team members, conducting performance appraisals and handling all disciplinary actions to ensure top-flight performances.
With my experience directing all facets of risk management, combined with my inherent interpersonal and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding support and leadership to Barraby Health Services. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Kristin D. Parker