Defense Travel Manager / Budget Manager
Served as the Defense Travel Administrator and Training Manager for 1,200 service members and civilians dispersed throughout Washington State. Provided guidance to the Commanding Officer, Staff and Supervisors on all travel and training matters, provided administrative assistance for 10 unit travel and training managers within the organization. Conducted periodic budget inspections, training requirements and ensured compliance with the standard operating procedures and reported derogatory and/or adverse information, maintained travel, training and budget trackers.
- Prepared travel plans and budgets for an organization of 2,500 service members and civilians
- Subject matter all expert on travel matters for the United Sates
- Developed and monitored $3 million in contracts for travel
- Provided administrative assistance with junior travel administrators
- Planned and supervised the installation of new debt reduction policies, surpassing previously set debt ceiling
- Ensured subordinate units were in compliance with directives and standard operating procedures