Traffic Management Specialist
Analyzes 30% characteristics of commodities shipped to ensure consistency of freight classifications and recommends changes, such as consolidating contractor shipments and using alternative methods of shipment to reduce transportation costs and attain greater economy of operations.
- Reviews and analyzes contractual terms to determine validity of shipment requests and the most effective arrangements for transport.
- Coordinates customer complaints of poor carrier performance with carrier representative and District staff; recommends action to suspend or remove from service carriers failing to perform satisfactorily.
- Makes final approval of shipment charges for carrier payment
- Provide technical assistance to contractors and to DCMA personnel on transportation matters. Perform surveillance over contractor traffic management plans, procedures, and operations. Determine rates/routes for freight movements with global scope, recurrent/non-recurrent, and monitor patterns between points, ports, or foreign destinations.
- Review transportation clauses; provide contract technical advice to both procedures involving A and B contractors.
- Monitor freight operations; resolve problems involving commercial carriers and other federal agencies.
- Apprise Team Lead of systemic problems impairing performance of freight rate carriers. Approve carrier payment in Power Track program.
- Review contract through Shipping Instruction Request (SIR) systems.
- Provide administrative review and shipping information for Foreign Military Sales (FMS) to requested contractors and countries.