Reservations Manager & Sales Rep
Played a key role in the start-up of an international ferry service between Portland, Maine and Nova Scotia, Canada. Part of the original management team, tasked with hiring and training 20+ reservation/terminal agents, and supervising the secure check in and boarding of up to 200 vehicles and 500 guests for each departure from the ferry terminal in Portland.
- Travelled throughout New England selling the ferry service and vacation packages to representatives at AAA offices, motor coach and group tour operators, partner hotels and businesses, as well as consumers.
- Assisted with the on-site deployment and training to support the rollout of two different software systems.
- Served as the primary, on-site company representative to address guests' concerns and resolve issues with the service experience, bookings and customer satisfaction.
- Succeeded in growing the motor coach segment by 430% in 2015, and tripled the amount of AAA commissionable sales compared to the previous season.
- Represented the company at consumer trade shows and travel trade events.
- Ensured accurate daily passenger manifests were submitted to US Coast Guard and Canadian customs and border protection services, as well as to the ferry ship.