Transportation Operations Manager
Develop, standardize, and implement Sort Center standards while building a solid partnership with the local carrier and USPS. Building a strong partnership with FC management, local carrier hubs, and other Amazon transportation and supply chain functions to support the SC network. Manage all inbound flows, outbound flows, and warehouse transfers using tools and principles of lean and standard work. Analyze, develop, and maintain metrics for day-to-day operational performance off the dock and weekly metrics trends.
- Played critical part in launching DFW8 Sort Center by training all associates, Area, and OPS managers in unloading and pallet building processes prior to launch, out of DFW6 Fulfillment Center.
- Took ownership of UPS Worldship process for Sort Centers and partnered with global process improvement team to refine it and add it to the Road to Launch for new site launches. Successfully deployed Worldship at EWR5, HOU1, DFW8, BFI5, and BWI5 Sort Centers.
- Successfully launched BFI5 Sort Center as active Trans OPS while new Trans OPS was finishing onboarding training.
- Created standard work daily communication to the USPS and Carrier on upcoming volume forecasts by both pallet level and zip level.
- Created standard work process and document for notifying USPS of any late or additional deliveries.
- Consistently have the lowest Cost per Package in the SC network. Network plan CPP through Peak $0.41 - BWI5 CPP $0.23.