Supervisor, Training Officer
Supervised a total of 40 customer service technicians who processed 24,000 transactions a year for 19,000 pay accounts, averaging $2,000,000.00 in disbursements with 98% accuracy and 95% timeliness.
- Developed and integrated a weekly training program that qualified over 40 technicians to job standards.
- Coordinated the overhaul of a department aligning it to correct operating procedures.
- Provided numerous trainings to customer organization administrators, ensuring high operational customer support.
- Assigned as Navy Region Northwest System coordinator for TOPS (Transaction Online Processing System), the web based product delivery system used in the United States Navy.
at this job
Provided management and administrative services to 28 active duty and 21 Navy Reserve augment units consisting of over 700 drilling reserve personnel. Facilitated, submitted, and tracked all annual training requirements.
- Directed the allocation of a $3.6M annual training budget with an unprecedented 99% obligation rate.
- Designed and coordinated a three week region wide leadership training program that resulted in the indoctrination of over 15 Senior Leaders from five separate commands.
- Organization Physical Security Officer with a "faultless" record over multiple inspections.
at this job
Plans and Training Officer
Responsible for leading a section of 13 Marines in the development of long-range plans that ensure the effective alignment of resources to meet global requirements.
- Planned and supervised the execution of over 50 exercises, operations, and assessments.
- Developed the planning, execution, and assessment methodology to support the DoD directed force reduction of over two-thousand personnel.
- Developed and implemented six policies and an annual campaign plan that ensured incremental improvement in materiel readiness, operational alignment, and preservation of the force.
- Supervised and managed the lessons-learned and assessment programs and developed the organizational policies to codify the procedures associated with these programs.
- Managed the organization's participation in 12 logistics related operations advisory groups and effectively advocated for the organization's interests in these forums.
- Developed the retrograde plan for the withdrawal of all USMC logistics forces from Afghanistan - over 1,000 personnel and major end items - ensuring the sustainment of the force while enabling the safe and secure withdrawal of Regional Command - Southwest.
- Ranked number 1 of all Majors previously reviewed by Commanding Officer
at this job
Developed a metric tracking process, which increased visibility and allowed for trend analysis of assigned personnel.
- Managed a $150K facility and technology upgrade in conjunction with an innovation project that resulted in the improved delivery of required training for 1000 personnel.
- Partnered with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) to successfully coordinate what have been largely considered the best job fairs in the Greater Houston area.
- Served as the Command Managed Equal Opportunity Manager ensuring a comfortable and proper work environment.
- Oversaw the use of classified materials and the administration of security clearances for 1000 personnel.
- Certified as a Command Managed Equal Opportunity Manager. The Command Managed Equal Opportunity Program assists commands in supporting the Navy's equal opportunity (EO) policy. It is a management system that is responsive to higher echelons but controlled primarily at the command level.
Serves as Human Resource Specialist providing guidance for regional training programs and interprets, disseminates higher echelon standards, directives, goals and regulations. Providing regional consulting and organizational development services for over 1200 employees. Creates customized organizational development solutions for managers and supervisors. Delivers high quality management and leadership training and practice workshops, seminars to develop sustainable management leadership skills and coordinates leadership development for high potential employees.
- Revitalized dormant supervisor/management development program; scheduled 12 development courses using blended training methods focusing on leadership core competencies
- Reduce 15 month backlog on EEO/diversity training by coordinated bi-monthly courses/scheduling 100% of personnel within 3 months/added EEO/diversity training to new employee orientation
- Identified training and development needs by conducting training needs assessment with subject matter experts to develop customized training programs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultations with supervisors and managers to meet identified training needs
- Created a region wide mentorship program. Conducted 4 seminars on mentoring and hosted 3 networking events creating profiles and matched 55 mentors and protégées for career development
at this job
Wing Nuclear Training Officer
Responsible for instructing 350 Bomb Wing nuclear certified aircrew in control and execution of nuclear mission. Plans, manages and executes application of combat resources and Advanced Programs for all aspects of Bomb Wing global deterrence mission to include oversight and security.
- Updates and teaches four separate nuclear specialty courses 2-3 times a month as necessary for certification
- Authored monthly knowledge evaluations for aircrew leading to a 30% increase in test scores in 4 months
- Developed and implemented an outdated training plan with zero delays in combat crew qualifications
Battalion Training Officer
Second-in-command of the Battalion Operations Department. Personally managed a 7 man division responsible for the coordination and resourcing of all training events conducted within a 900 man Battalion. Developed the Battalion training objectives and ensured
all Company training for all personnel was conducted in accordance with the developed guidelines. Managed the establishment of
Battalion Standard Operating Procedures for land management, ammunition management, and training resource meeting. Used cross- functional coordination to ensure training was properly resourced. Advised the Battalion Commander on constantly changing domestic and international policy and training objectives to certify the unit as a Global Reaction Force.
- Reconstructed the battalion resource management system leading directly to five executive officers increasing efficiency 70%.
- Managed the Field Budget Estimate of $25,000,000 per quarter for all Battalion events requiring an in-depth cost befit analysis
- Pioneered development of a training exercise that incorporated virtual and digital platforms while integrating live maneuver
AVP, Training Officer
Corporate trainer for a publicly traded $2.8 billion bank with 28 locations and over 330 employees, responsible for developing engaging curriculum content and conducting interactive classroom training to help employee development.
- Designed and spearheaded a new initiative of a mandatory interactive workshop for new hires introducing staff to navigating through the Bank's backend core system. Designed custom user-friendly manual and presentations.
- Created engaging technical training manuals, handouts, quick reference guides, interactive materials and presentations resulting in greater retention rate of content by staff.
- Managed new hire orientation process involving products and services training, developing manuals, coordinating scheduling and overseeing reporting of assessments.
- Created custom courses and collaborated with senior management in developing course curriculum for regulatory required ongoing learning programs across entire organization.
at this job
Police 911 Dispatcher II, Communications Training Officer
Responsible for receiving emergency 911 and non-emergency requests for police, fire, and emergency medical services via a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system.
- Analyzed requests for police response; determined priority ranking of each call, and the kind and level of service to be dispatched in initial response.
- Competencies included expertise with various communication-related technology, computers and mapping devices, and maintaining the security and confidentiality of sensitive client information.
- Provided the necessary supervision, training, evaluation and coaching to facilitate progressive training to new employees.
at this job
Managed the training requirements of a Navy Command of over 170 personnel
- Trained over 50 personnel in Expeditionary Combat Operations and small arms combat shooting
- Qualified over 20 people in Expeditionary Combat Skills
- Functioned as Command Armored and AA&E Manager
- Developed detailed final evaluation packages for 6 Expeditionary Combat Salvage Companies
- Developed demolitions training curriculum
at this job