Director of Development for Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Initiated and developed a planned for annual, major and planned gifts for WGTE that involves personally connecting with individual supporters to cultivate annual gifts (membership support), planned gifts, and major gifts (not including annual gifts.)
- Created a challenge gift program in 2007 during the radio and television pledge drives that has offered a total since inception of $264,000 in challenge gifts realizing $659,000 in additional, lapsed, new and increased gifts that may not have been donated.
- Increased on average 60% a year from June 2006 to June 2011 in major gifts- that is separate from the annual membership support and planned giving.
- Responsible for raising approximately $450,000 in membership support of donors who give $250 or more in annual gifts.
- Work with members of the board to assist with major gift support for the station.
- Produced new events and activities to encourage prospective major gift and planned gift donors to visit the station and to realize increased or varied support.
- Support the television and radio membership drives by recruiting, training, and leading over 100 volunteers.
- Involved with station's strategic plan.
- Utilize my public communication skills during the radio drive by speaking on the air to encourage listener support for approximately 3 hours a day for nine days in one radio drive.