High School Social Studies Teacher & Department Chair
Taught American Cultures 1 & 2, American Cultures 2 Honors, Advanced Placement United States History, and Psychology courses. Integrated the use of technology into the everyday instruction and implemented differentiated instruction for students at various levels.
- Initial member of Principal Advisory Committee and as a result completed Walk-Through Programs and surveys to build a common vision and improve school atmosphere.
- Led articulation of Social Studies Curriculum across grades and mentored other departments in the same process.
- Collaborated with department members and administration on course direction and selection of a new textbook series.
- Mentored new and tenured staff members to improve delivery of instruction and classroom management.
- Piloted and trained district employees on computerized grade book system over a 2 yr. period and became the "go-to" person for trouble shooting issues.
- Member of the Professional Development Committee which initiated options for teachers to advance their professional expertise.
- Organized school-wide Veteran's Day activities with presentations, speakers, and entertainment. Selected as the inaugural "Teacher of the Year" for the High School in 2005.