Adult ESL Instructor
Crafted and delivered lesson plans that included a well-balanced combination of lectures, audiovisuals, work time, and demonstrations to allow opportunities for students to observe, question, investigate, and reach their unique learning needs.
- Raised student test scores above the stated requirements.
- Created and adapted course/instruction materials, classrooms, and teaching methods to meet varying student needs and interests.
- Planned, administered, and graded class assignments, projects, homework, tests, and quizzes to evaluate student progress.
- Prepared course objectives in compliance with state and school guidelines.
- Coordinated intriguing field trips to complement lesson plans.
- Observed and evaluated the performance and social development of students.
- Partnered with Houston Public Libraries to oversee that the MANGO language program is implemented in the classroom to all students to assist with learning the English Language.