Business Intelligence Manager
Managed full life cycle BI and data management projects from gathering requirements across Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance, Claims, Contact Center, and IT, working with senior leader and consultants to prioritize requirements and define data strategy and roadmap, to implementing data management infrastructure, BI reports and dashboards. Key member of the start-up team that built enterprise data management and BI capabilities from scratch.
- Delivered data management and BI capabilities including ODS, data warehouse, data marts in Oracle, and Cognos BI for Sales, Marketing, and Finance to provide timely, accurate, and self-service business performance measures that facilitated business decisions.
- Integrated complex data sources including OLTP data from mainframe systems, campaign management data from E.piphany data mart, customer data warehouse, PeopleSoft financials, and various sources.
- Built self-service BI portal for 600+ sales users. Worked with Sales managers and analysts to build sales data mart and BI reporting. Integrated disparate and legacy data sources in the Sales data mart. Replaced monthly manual reports with daily, reconcilable, and actionable BI reporting at Sale's fingertips.
- Provided integrated and automated renewal data to Marketing program. Contributed to Enterprise Contact Strategy program success of generating 2% lift on insurance product renewal.
- Successfully turned around the critical Market P&L BI project for Finance; worked closely with Finance to build data mart, BI dashboard and reporting.
- Developed multi-channel Marketing technology program charter with senior Marketing leadership, conducted gap analysis, solicited requirements across Marketing organization, evaluated and proposed agency, in-house, and SaaS Marketing Automation solution alternatives.
- Worked closely with Data Governance team; implemented data quality standards and ensured business rules are captured in data model design and data transformation.
- Worked closely with IT teams on architecture, design, development, system built, migration, upgrades, system integration testing, production deployment, and operational support.
- Managed projects in a matrixed organization; managed project resources including contract and FTE analysts, data modelers, Informatica ETL developers, Cognos developers, and QA.