Special Education Paraprofessional
Provides instruction, under the supervision of the teacher, to the students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, giving oral tests, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans, and ensuring students' success in school.
- Participates in the implementation of IEP goals for the purpose of meeting IEP goals and/or district benchmarks.
- Participates in the implementation of student behavior plans for the purpose of ensuring effective and safe student learning
- Performs clerical tasks (e.g. making copies, filing, etc.) for the purpose of helping the teacher get instructional materials ready
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively with teacher, grade level team members, various schoolhouse colleagues and administrators
- Successfully correspond with parents through a variety of media (phone calls, formal and informal conferences) to enhance the success of students
- Performed other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the classroom/school