Appointed youth minister for inner city school age, middle school and high school children with approximately 60 regular students. Accountable for introducing students to Jesus Christ, helping students grow in their walk with Christ, equipping students and leaders to do the work of the ministry. Recruit, train and develop volunteers to improve both evangelism and discipleship within "safe" environments for all students.
- Manage 10 volunteers and $8000 annual operating budget for youth programs.
- Conceptualized and presented a proposal to launch an After School Program as a community outreach approach for children 7-18 years old. Attendance is estimated at 50 youth. Established partnerships to enable a 3 day/week program focused on nutrition, fitness, economic empowerment, financial responsibility and 4-H club. Collaborated with local organizations to market the program.
- Created a Youth Ambassadors Leadership Program to institute a forum for students to discuss strategic goals of youth ministry, and submit proposals to the Senior Pastor for review and approval.
- Led Vacation Bible Study for 2 years with attendance estimated at 150 youth and adults.
- Develop curriculum, service format and teach weekly children’s church for 30 children.
- Plan and organize outreach activities and fellowships to include youth retreats, youth lock-in, outreach, vacation bible school, and sports activities.
- Implemented a new member’s course specifically for youth including baptism counseling.
- Partnered with Metro Teen Aids to provide education programs and prevention resources to young people, family members, and youth workers in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area to end HIV/AIDS.