Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee
Offered therapy to clients with depression, anxieties, substance abuse, self-esteem, parenting/family and other relationship issues.
- Provided weekly elementary school based counseling to youth aged 5 - 12.
- Monitored, evaluated and documented clients' progress.
- Developed client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience and client histories.
- Determined whether clients should be referred to other specialists.
- Conducted investigative in-take interviews with both children and families and maintained confidentiality of client records.
- Counseled and aided family members in understanding and supporting the client.
- Guided clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their issues.
- Taught parenting classes at Ida Price Middle School.
- Performed 5150.