Direct Care Counselor
Cared for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
- Performed and/or monitored appropriate administration of medication.
- Transported clients to medical appointments, whether to specialists or primary physician.
- Assisted clients with carrying out daily functions such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Scheduled and managed clients' medical appointments.
- Directed patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Assisted patients in setting and meeting independent goals
- Instruct and advise clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, nutrition and infant care
- Performed a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- Entertained, conversed with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Prepared and maintained records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to supervisor.