Senior Research Manager
Led market research to support multiple teams in the design, refinement and implementation of enterprise-wide marketing efforts. Utilizing rigorous research and analytics, provided internal teams with the perspective of the XM Radio prospect and customer. Research efforts focused on refining advertisements, building brand positioning, validating targets for direct marketing, improving customer satisfaction and retention, redesigning retail collaterals, messaging and packaging, innovating products and guiding communication efforts. Key internal customers included the senior vice presidents of advertising & branding, operations and products, and the vice president of marketing campaigns.
- Provided research leadership during company's critical transition from startup to mass market, as part of a company faced the uncertainties of competition and potential merger with Sirius
- Using SWOT analysis, authored XM's Consolidated Research View and presented a comprehensive analysis to the senior management that drastically altered 2008 strategy and approach.
- Established drivers to convert customers from trial to paid subscription.
- Recommended approach defined company's value proposition and served as the basis for several new advertising campaigns.
- Instituted product development research roadmap. Recommendations halted development of several new products.
- Successfully executed first of its kind ethnically-targeted market research among Hispanics and African Americans. Implemented needs-based segmentation across existing research.