Plant, spray, weed, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Feel plants' leaves and note their coloring to detect the presence of insects or disease.
- Inspect plants and bud ties to assess quality.
- Dig, cut, and transplant seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs.
- Move containerized shrubs, plants, and trees, using wheelbarrows or tractors.
- Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping.
- Haul and spread topsoil, fertilizer, peat moss, and other materials to condition soil, using wheelbarrows or carts and shovels.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.