Outside Sales Manager / Administrative Manager
Took over a business that was losing money, with the challenge to drive revenue growth. Upgraded operations and launched an aggressive cold calling campaign targeting commercial, not-for-profit, and touring companies, increasing annual sales over time from $300,000 to $1 million. Oversee all operations, with full P&L responsibility for the development of strategic marketing plans, the management of 40 suppliers, the setup of trade shows, and all billing and accounting functions.
- Researched and designed the complete redecoration of the Spirit of Peoria riverboat. Collaborated with a variety of suppliers to purchase carpet, wallpaper, curtains, and chairs in an 1800s style. The new design contributed to a $333,000 boost in sales in just one year.
- Part of a two-person team to re-introduce and sell specially designed overnight tours to appeal to a variety of commercial and individual clients.
- Collaborated with a management team to increase revenues from $300,000 to $1+ million over the course of 10-years, with measurable growth annually.
- Revamped promotional materials, added an interactive Website to display product options, and called on both established and prospective accounts to identify client needs and build positive professional relationships.
- Transitioned all accounting functions to computer to streamline operations.