Process Safety Engineer – Corporate Eh&s
Enlisted as a Process Safety Technical Expert for both ongoing and design-phase manufacturing/facilities/operations improvement projects; charged with ensuring the safest, most economical, and most efficient processes are employed in all projects. In addition, responsibilities included Process Safety and Design Engineering review/redline/comment of incoming vendor drawings, specifications, datasheets, and proposals; tracking and follow-up on all corrective actions (CAPA) plans generated from PHA/FHRA recommendations. Assist task owners with completion planning, cost reduction initiatives, and core principle understanding of inherently safer design methodologies.
- Facilitated multiple Functional Hazard Risk Assessments (FHRA) and Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) for high risk manufacturing processes.
- Developed P&ID and W/D drawings standards based on ANSI and ISO standards; enacted stepwise roll-out for conversion of archived assets.
- Defined enterprise-wide EH&S Management of Change (MOC) goals, objectives, and milestones to establish long-term IT architecture.
- Established sustainable long-term roadmap for integration and standardization of critical control systems into existing DCS Co-Gen network.
- Spearheaded EH&S corporate reporting database tools improvement effort through automated logic integration with improved data integrity.
- Created EH&S reporting metrics performance tracking logic to enable high-level real-time KPI functionality for upper management.
- Organized/led inspection/investigation of high risk critical processes which had the potential for direct elimination, replacement, or substitution.