Hospital Security Officer
Serve and protect the people, homes and businesses of the community. maintaining a high visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing (either directly, through patrols, or by watching alarm systems or video cameras) for signs of crime, fire or disorder; then taking action and reporting any incidents to their client and emergency services as appropriate. Watching and maintain positive control of Patients in the hospital that pose a threat to themselves and Hospital staff.
- Conduct regular foot/vehicle patrols for extended periods if time
- Train Security Forces to perform de-escalation techniques to reduce hostility in patients, visitors and staff in the work place.
- Wrote/reviewed Incident Reports in regards to hospital incidents to be followed up with proper authorities.
- Search visitor and patients on the property for contraband, weapons and illegal drugs.
- Protecting nurses and staff when applying treatment to patients, applying restraints when necessary for the patients that pose a threat that could endanger themselves, staff or other security officers.