Armed Security Officer
Responsible for maintaining integrity of plant security anti-terrorism plan, procedures, plant safety program, and customer satisfaction as required by Federal NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Comission), New Jersey State Police, OSHA, and PSE&G. Working daily with outside contractors and plant personnel to ensure plant operations follow all security requirements while keeping productivity and work flow moving smoothly and in a positive direction. Timelines are mandatory to almost everything in the plant from security checks to repair and maintenance of equipment so as a security officer my duties are usually always multitasking evolutions that are met with detail and teamwork. During normal daily work operations I am also assigned to employee development helping newer officers with any weak areas and training new hire officers on the job.
- Ensure hired contractors are processed in as visitors in a timely manner cutting down on wasted man hours while still meeting all background check requirements
- Properly having jobs coordinated with security schedule to provide proper coverage
- Work independently with other departments for extended jobs to meet timelines required
- Helping design and plan security training techniques and levels of importance being given to certain areas that are lacking
- Selected as a representative for tour groups visiting the plant from various state senators, representatives from foreign countries, military personnel, and state and local groups
- Constant report writing and follow up on equipment needing maintenance and or replacement
- Customer service taking high volume phone calls to schedule and plan deliveries of chemicals, fuel, radioactive deliveries, rental equipment.