Medical Transcriptionist/quality Controller
Transcribe and edit recorded or written material, including operative reports, discharge summaries, patient history and examinations, physician letters and notes, and pharmacy, rehabilitation, autopsy, and x-ray reports.
- Verify accuracy of patient information such as name and identification number; verify accuracy of transcription for correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Maintain logs of medical procedures, incoming dictation, and transcription records.
- Distribute and collect dictation and transcribed reports; follow up on physicians' missing and late dictation.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all records.
- Maintain disk and disk backup system; order supplies and report equipment operational problems.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.