(1) Senior Buyer
Responsible for the annual procurement of roughly $6.5 million (1500 SKU's) using MRP in an AS400 system. Minimize material liability by managing individual MRP settings. Develop low cost sourcing strategies and contract negotiations. Manage/maintain a qualified supplier base. Set up new parts and suppliers, process low stock notices and purchase requisitions, request cycle counts, confirm purchase orders, maintain the hotlist and handle parts returns. Guide IL2000 with shipping instructions. Follow all ISO 9001 processes.
- Helped significantly lower on hand inventory between two plants from 12 to 6 million over a 1 year period
- Promoted 3 times to become senior buyer of the most challenging commodities and trained two senior buyers
- Drove the communization of hundreds of equal parts in the system for future efficiency
- Successfully managed hundreds of compressors transitioning to R410A compatibility per 2010 U.S. Legislation
- Handle extra duties: manage shipping report, handle sales slips, learned and use various vendor systems