Perform comprehensive psychological evaluations for felony defendants found incompetent to stand trial pursuant to PC 1370, including thorough record review, collateral contacts, and attorney follow up.
- Administer psychological testing and assessments
- Evaluate progress in competency restoration treatment
- Provide clinical guidance and lead weekly meetings with multidisciplinary treatment team to evaluate the patient/defendant's restoration progress and integrate this information with the psychological assessment to guide treatment and court reports
- Conduct updated competency restoration evaluations for court submission and make recommendations (e.g., restored, transfer to Department of State Hospitals for further treatment, or retain and treat in the ROC program)
- Provide court testimony as needed