Co-occurring Clinical Therapist
Complete initial assessments including co-occurring substance use issues, and facilitate Person Centered Planning Process to determine need for Individual, Family, and/or Group Therapy; in addition to providing crisis intervention and referrals to other services, as needed.
- Demonstrate understanding and appropriate application of DSM Diagnostic and Statistical Manual-5 of Mental Disorders for multi-axial diagnosis from comprehensive assessments.
- Assess patient needs by use of outcome improvement activities and motivational interviewing addressing all health issues and construct written comprehensive assessments.
- Complete and submit substance abuse authorizations in the Mental Health Wellness Information Network database for the approval of the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority.
- Conduct individual and group therapy sessions to address the mental and/or co-occurring needs of the member(s).
- Process and train staff on SUD authorizations for DWMHA.