Trainee Hospital Pharmacist (inpatient & Outpatient)
- Introduced to TPN and IV preparations techniques considering aseptic techniques, compounding in clean area
- Assisted pharmacist for receiving written and over the phone prescriptions and prescription refills,
- Answering questions from patients and hospital staff about medicines.
- Accurately dispensing drugs to patients according to a doctor’s prescription.
- Checking prescriptions for errors & making sure they are appropriate for patients.
- Instructing patients on how to use medications, possible side effects and storage.
- Contacting and working closely with other healthcare professionals.
at this job
Hospital Pharmacist II
- Participate in patient care rounds with the Intensive Care Medical Team and Trauma Team on a daily basis in Critical Care Unit and Intensive Care Unit
- Prevent, detect, and resolve medication related problems and to make appropriate medication therapy recommendations as part of the team in patient care rounding
- Provide in-services to staff pharmacists and health care providers
- Participate in training and supervising junior pharmacists, pharmacy students and technicians
- Interpret and evaluate physician's medication orders, areas including Critical Care Unit, Emergency Department, Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Behavior Rehab, Orthopedics Rehab, Oncology and Outpatient Infusion.
- Review patient profiles for drug allergy, adverse reactions, drug duplication, contraindication, drug interactions, and identify potential resolutions to the problem
- Provide concise, applicable, comprehensive, and timely responses to requests for drug information from health care providers.
- Document clinical Intervention and communications with patient care providers
- Prepare Intravenous medications (including Chemo medications) and compounded medications
- Proficient in "Meditech" and "Accudose" software for order entry (including Computerized Physician Order Entry), dispensing and administration of medication
at this job