Clinical Hospital Pharmacist
Ensure safe, efficient, and cost-effective selection, verification and delivery of medications. Perform medication counseling and education for patients, physicians, nurses, and caregivers. Manage the timely dispensing of medications for patients on nursing units, ER, and outpatient clinics. Compound specialized medications as required. Provide drug therapy recommendations and formulary alternatives to healthcare professionals. Carry out drug utilization reviews and evaluations (DURs and DUEs) for drug orders. Evaluate drug prices and recommend lower-cost alternatives. Provide advice to pharmaceutical buyer, and serve as backup buyer on occasion.
- Reduced costs 26% by initiating an IV to oral medication switch program, and 32% by focusing on automatic renal dosing and therapeutic substitution protocols.
- Increased cost savings and efficiency by designing dosage spreadsheets to automate dosage calculations, which also eliminated delays in delivering critical medications to nursing units and ER.
- Streamlined pharmacokinetic and TPN monitoring services, resulting in 48% increase in effective patient handling, by creating new procedures and forms for logging daily activities.
- Recognized by Human Resources for improving overall department morale and performance. Served as shift supervisor or interim manager during periods of new employee searches.
- Earned Employee of the Month for superior performance, and recognized on several occasions by patients and staff for excellent customer service.
- Provided assistance for several clinical drug studies, including GUSTO trial.