Certified Pharmacy Technician
As a Pharmacy Technician I assist the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of [company name], the states professional standards, and other regulatory entities. I work under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assist with the preparation, packing and delivery of products and services to patients. Listed below are some of my job duties as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Helping health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Organizing medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Generating revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.