Day Shift Charge Icn/ NICU Nurse
Directly responsible for the continuous medical care of assigned newborns with ongoing medical needs in a Level II Intermediate Care Nursery, expertly managing the transition process of transferring care of the newborn to their home environment. Provided extremely dedicated and patient focused acute care with emphasis on family advocacy.
- Proficiently cared for neonatal patients within the NICU, demonstrating competency with professional care of the extreme low birth weight infant <500grams to post term infants.
- Effectively implemented dedicated and patient focused care to support diverse patient populations relating to families and differing cultures.
- Constantly demonstrated strong ability to manage competing priorities with ease to produce quality patient outcomes in a busy high stress environment.
- Diligently maintained High Risk Neonatal Nurse Certification by attending on-going educational opportunities and seeking opportunities within the NICU/ICN to improve and increase knowledge and skill related to neonatal nursing.
- Continuously displayed respectful interactions with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate patient care that is individualized and appropriate.
- Regularly counselled staff on patient interactions emphasizing customer service, modifying, and assessing training needed to improve Neonatal Care Unit relationships with the newborn families.
- Routinely responsible for managing, supervising and assisting the neonatal nursing staff, providing administrative support, assessing and designing a plan of care that is individualized to a patient's needs.
- As shift supervisor, appropriately documented the performance of nurses and met with upper management to discuss personnel/administrative issues, addressing and solving problems among staff.
- Often created schedule assignments, maintained adequate supplies and informed staff of changes to protocol.