Worked directly in an outpatient clinic with a team consisting of MD's, MSW, RN's, Dieticians, Dialysis Technicians and support staff providing initial and post hemodialysis treatment for ambulatory and wheelchair bound patients with chronic renal failure.
- Greeting patients, performing patient assessments, reviewing dialysis orders, note physical and mental condition of patients through observation and interviews, document data to determine compliance to dietary or mediction regime, review lab work, and work with team to develop patient care plans.
- Initiate and administer hemodialysis treatment via subclavian catheters, A-V grafts and fistulas, administer parental and po medications, fluid therapy, blood products.
- Employed in a fast paced environment working directly with a multidisciplinary team of Physicians, RNs, Case Managers, LVN, MSW, H.H.A.'s, O.T's, P.T.'s, Chaplains, M.A.'s, and support staff, in providing nursing care services in the clinical environment of Adult Urgent Care, Home Health, and Pediatric department of nursing care.
- Perform patient care activities such as taking vital signs, perform treatments such as earwashes, suture removals, splints, administer oral, and parental medications. Perform Pediatric and Adult vision, hearing screening test, EKG's, venipuncture duties, and applying splints and casts.
- Visit home bound patients. Taking V.S., assessments of systems, wound care, venipuncture, patient and family/caretakers teaching. Performed patient care activities within the scope of practice which included preparing patients for exams, gather and analyze data information independently and developed alternative solutions.