FLIGHT Nurse/paramedic, CERTIFIED EMERGENCY NURSE
Gained certification from The American Heart Association in Instruction for Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support.
- Trained and led educational classes instrumental to hospital staff, fire, and EMS.
- Performed specialized, lifesaving treatments such as basic life support, advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, and neonatal resuscitation.
- Required to be fast thinking while diagnosing a patient's status and administering medications before and during flight.
- Trained and performed regular scene evaluations working with Fire and EMS in safely removing individuals from dangerous situations such as motor vehicle collisions.
- Vital part of 8 person team involved in general nursing transportation including adults, pediatrics, and obstetrics. Transportation consists of acute hospital and traumatic scene response.
- Work in 3 person teams performing duties such as aircraft refueling and pre-flight/post-flight inspections.
- Instrumental in documenting patient flights while maintaining medical equipment readiness to adhere to strict federal and state regulations.
- Vital component in marketing strategies and membership sales by performing Public Relations while educating the community.
- Responsible for reviewing vital procedural documentation.
- Obtained Basic EMT license and progressed to Paramedic status to improve skills vital for job readiness.