Lead Mechanical Engineer
Led cross functional teams and as well as contributing as an individual contributor designing award winning, challenging, electronic packaging solutions for small to midrange rack-mounted servers, blade servers and Flash JABOD storage devices. Established specific objectives, budgets, and schedules. Directed Far East and Mexican product designs, tool designs and manufacturing to achieve a cost effective manufacturing process.
- Invented - Created patentable 3-D PRO-E designs for sheet metal, castings, plastic components Successfully reduced mechanism cost by more than 50% utilizing DFM techniques.
- Utilized 6 sigma techniques for statistical tolerance analysis resulting in essentially no defects in manufacturing.
- Directed and designed high frequency enclosures and digital circuit card designs with high density SMT/BGA components utilizing both conduction and forced air cooling.
- Directed a team of mechanical, thermal, packaging and test engineers to deliver cost effective, flexible solutions to customer requirements.
- Saved months in design time and significant design cost in the design phase by implementing a systematic analytical modeling and test approach
- Directed system validation testing for environmental shock and vibration, thermal, acoustic, FCC, EMI, Safety and shipping package testing. 50% improvement on FCC emissions.